search abirdsdailylife

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Overnight Amaranth Porridge with Persimmon

Overnight Amaranth Porridge with Persimmon

There goes the porridge again, you may think right now. I know, I know, I like to do porridge recipes, but what can I do about it, I`m just a sucker for it. This time at least I tried to spice things up for you by using amaranth instead of oats. Ain`t that a surprise?! Did I mention this breakfast is vegan. Double surprise!
It`s the first time I`m dealing with amaranth, so I expected it to soak in more liquid and grow bigger, which was not the case. Probably got to do some more research on that one before using it the next time. If I did this the wrong way feel free to tell me, as I like to learn and grow with my cooking.

Ingredients (for 1 serving):
  • 80g amaranth
  • 100ml hazelnut flavored rice milk 
  • 1/2 persimmon, washed and sliced
Instructions:
  • pour the amaranth and the rice milk into a closable jar. Put in the fridge an let soak in the closed jar overnight. 
  • pour in a bowl the next morning and top it off with persimmon slices.
One way to get a healthy breakfast with the least amount of effort.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo