search abirdsdailylife

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Green Power Salad

Green Power Salad

What do you do when you have three healthy ingredients you are craving for most of the time? Exactly, you combine them together creating one hell of a dish! In my case the tree ingredients are arugula, avocado and cucumber. I can`t get enough of this stuff, especially in terms of the avocado! Avocado addict over here! I use to believe they just created that avocado emoji so I can spam every single one of you by using it all the time... Anyway, enough avocado talk, let`s move on to this salad. It`s called power salad not only because it contains a lot of healthy ingredients, but also because it just makes me happy looking at it, due to the fact it`s made out of some of my favorite healthy ingredients. If you don`t fancy arugula, cucumber or avocado, well guess what bummer! This salad still will be healthy, but it won`t make you happy....Well you may still change it to your favor, just by adding the ingredients you like.

Ingredients (for 2 servings):
  • 120g arugula, washed
  • 1 avocado, deseeded, peeled and cut into slices
  • 1/2 cucumber, washed and cut into half moons
  • 2 tablespoons of roasted pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
  • 3 tablespoons of canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, I used one infused with herbs
  • 3 teaspoons of dijon mustard, I used one with paprika flavor
  • dried salad herbs
  • salt and pepper to your taste
 
Green Power Salad

Instructions:
  • mix the first four ingredients in a big bowl.
  • pour canola oil, vinegar and mustard into a closable flask. I used a glass bottle. Season with dried herbs, salt, pepper and any other spices you like. I additionally added some garlic powder, curry powder and some Proven├žale seasoning. Close the flask and shake it until the dressing looks homogenous. 
  • Pour your dressing over your salad and mix everything.
Hopefully you get the message of this post. Being healthy is way more fun and easier if you are creating dishes that are made of your favorite healthy ingredients.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo