What do you do when you have three healthy ingredients you are craving for most of the time? Exactly, you combine them together creating one hell of a dish! In my case the tree ingredients are arugula, avocado and cucumber. I can`t get enough of this stuff, especially in terms of the avocado! Avocado addict over here! I use to believe they just created that avocado emoji so I can spam every single one of you by using it all the time... Anyway, enough avocado talk, let`s move on to this salad. It`s called power salad not only because it contains a lot of healthy ingredients, but also because it just makes me happy looking at it, due to the fact it`s made out of some of my favorite healthy ingredients. If you don`t fancy arugula, cucumber or avocado, well guess what bummer! This salad still will be healthy, but it won`t make you happy....Well you may still change it to your favor, just by adding the ingredients you like.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 120g arugula, washed
- 1 avocado, deseeded, peeled and cut into slices
- 1/2 cucumber, washed and cut into half moons
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, I used one infused with herbs
- 3 teaspoons of dijon mustard, I used one with paprika flavor
- dried salad herbs
- salt and pepper to your taste
- mix the first four ingredients in a big bowl.
- pour canola oil, vinegar and mustard into a closable flask. I used a glass bottle. Season with dried herbs, salt, pepper and any other spices you like. I additionally added some garlic powder, curry powder and some Provençale seasoning. Close the flask and shake it until the dressing looks homogenous.
- Pour your dressing over your salad and mix everything.
Read you soon,