search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Cocktails for Beginners: Vodka Lemon & Cuba Libre


A while back one of my co-workers gave me a book with cocktail recipes, as she had no more use of it. So I went out there, bought a cocktail shaker and now I am ready to get started. Don`t get me wrong, I`m not promoting drinking alcohol with this post, but I guess there is nothing bad about having one or two drinks now and then.
As I am a beginner of cocktail mixing, I decided to first try the easy recipes which don`t require a lot of equipment or ingredient. Just went for a simple "Cuba Libre" and a "Vodka Lemon", which still is one of my favorite drinks. 

The first one was actually my number one choice drink, when I was young. I`m talking like ten years back in the days.....Well, then there was the day I had too much of it and let`s leave it like that right here...
Still it`s an easy drink to go to if your hosting a party with a lot of people. Same goes for the "Vodka Lemon".
Talking about liquor, I only use Cuban Rum for a "Cuba Libre". So the Havana Club Rum is an absolute must have for this drink. For the vodka, my favorite one is Absolute vodka, but you are free to go with the one you prefer. Ok, let`s dive into mixing those little babies now, following the instructions of the book.


Ingredients Vodka Lemon:
  • 4cl vodka, as already mentioned I used the brand Absolute
  • juice of 1/2 a lime
  • a bottle of ice cold bitter lemon or lemon soda, I actually prefer the lemon soda
  • 3 to 4 ice cubes
  • 1 to 2 lime wedges, to decorate
Ingredients Cuba Libre:
  • 4cl white or brown Cuban Rum, I recommend the brand Havana Club
  • juice of 1/2 a lime
  • a bottle of ice cold coke
  • 3 to 4 ice cubes
  • starfruit, to decorate
Instructions Vodka Lemon:
  • pour ice cubes, vodka and lime juice into a long drink glass, mix everything
  • fill the glass with bitter lemon
  • add lime wedges as decoration
Instructions Cuba Libre:
  • pour ice cubes, lime juice and rum into long drink glass
  • fill the glass with coke
  • decorate with a slice of starfruit
Cheers!

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo