This recipe is inspired by one from the Dr. Oetker cookbook "Plätzchen von A-Z". As apples and cinnamon are one of the best flavor combinations ever created in this whole wide world, I decided to change the filling to this one rather than using the original one from the recipe. And to be honest I don`t regret this choice. These munchies were so lush and flavorful, I`m still dreaming of them.
Ingredients (for about 12 to 15 munchies):
- 250g white wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 20g vanillin sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125g butter
- 1 1/2 apples, washed, peeled and cut into little pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, grounded
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- sesame seeds
- 1 pastry wheel
- mix flour, baking powder, vanillin sugar, egg, milk and butter together in a bowl using a mixer or hand mixer. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- preheat the oven at 160° Celsius.
- add apple pieces, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of water to a pan. Heat the pan and let simmer on middle temperature for 10 minutes. The apple pieces should be soft but not mushy.
- take your dough out of the fridge, sprinkle a little bit of flour onto an even surface and roll out the dough. Cut the dough into little squares (approximately 5x8cm) using a pastry wheel.
- put 1 teaspoon of the apple cinnamon filling on the middle of your dough squares, then fold them. Squeeze the borders with a fork.
- mix 1 tablespoon of water and the egg yolk in a bowl. Brush the top of your squares with the mixture.
- Sprinkle over some sesame seeds and a little bit of grounded cinnamon
- lay out baking paper on a baking sheet and put your munchies on the sheet. bake for ten minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
Read you soon,