search abirdsdailylife

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

One Smoothie a Day Challenge: Day Two - Green Smoothie

simple green smoothie with spinach


It`s day two of our one smoothie a day challenge and today I have a green smoothie in store for you. Lot`s of fitness gurus and nutritionists actually recommend to drink one green smoothie every day, due to their richness in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. Well, I believe in these words, but honestly once again I have the proof that this type of smoothie isn`t my cup of tea. Or maybe I`m just not preparing them right. Any suggestions how I could make these more tastier without adding sugar or any other sweeteners? Maybe by adding coconut water or orange juice? I really don`t know, but I´m on a mission now. A mission to find the perfect green smoothie recipe, one that I actually like....

Although I didn`t like that one as much as I expected, still going to share it with you guys. I kept it pretty simple on different flavors this time, probably another reason why it didn`t taste that spectacular. The next time I would definitely go for a fancier combination to give it a stronger fruity taste. Maybe adding bananas, pineapple or mango would cheer things up quite a bit, what do you think?

ingredients green smoothie with spinach


What you need (for one smoothie):
  • 50g fresh baby spinach, organic
  • 1 avocado, organic
  • 1 lime, organic
  • 200ml water
Instructions:
  • rinse off the spinach
  • halve avocado, scoop out the flesh
  • juice the lime
  • add all the ingredients into a blender, mix until smooth
  • serve immediately or cool for about 30 minutes in the fridge before drinking
green smoothie with spinach

Yeah, I kept it simple, too simple on my opinion. So here are a few suggestions how to change this smoothie to probably give it a richer taste. I would substitute the water by coconut water, almond milk, orange juice or any other fruit juice. Then I advise adding one more fruit with a strong and sweet taste, like banana, mango, guava or pineapple. Please try the suggestions and send me some feedback, because I really want to like green smoothies!

Read you tomorrow, day three of our smoothie challenge,

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo