search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

One Smoothie a Day Challenge: Day Three - Seabuckthorn Smoothie

seabuckthorn smoothie

Guys it`s almost half time, which means we`re nearly half way through with our challenge and still holding up. Aren`t we all amazing? How is the challenge working for you so far? Anyway enough self-praise for now let`s talk about smoothies. 

After the disastrous green smoothie yesterday, I started preparing today`s smoothie with ambivalent feelings. On one hand I really wanted to know how seabuckthorn tastes like in a smoothie, second I was freaking scared this would go wrong again. Now I feel so relieved that I still went through with it and didn`t stop my obsession to try new things. Seabuckthorn turned out to taste deliciously sweet. Although I admit buying the one sweetened with honey. Anyway besides the fact that seabuckthorn inspires with it`s sour-sweet flavor and works pretty well for smoothies, these little fruits are an outstanding source for vitamin C. You see I`m totally trying to get you guys to try them, despite their inconspicuousness.

ingredients seabuckthorn smoothie


What you need (for one smoothie):
  • 1 banana, organic 
  • 1 orange, organic
  • 100ml seabucklethorn roborant, sweetened (honey) and organic
  • 100ml water
Instructions:
  • peel and slice the banana
  • juice the orange
  • add all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth
  • serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes before consuming
smoothie with seabuckthorn

So simple, so healthy and unbelievably tasty. Even kids will like this!
What do you think? Are you going to try this or isn`t seabuckthorn your cup of tea? Also what smoothies are you planning on making the upcoming days?

Read you soon,
xoxo

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo