search abirdsdailylife

Monday, February 1, 2016

One Smoothie a Day Challenge: Day One - Mango Papaya Ginger Smoothie

One Smoothie a Day: Day One - Mango Papaya Ginger Smoothie


Yey, it`s day one of our one smoothie a day challenge and I hope you`re all busy buying and preparing your fresh fruits. What ingredients did you use for your first smoothie? Tell me all about it!
I decided to gor for a little bit of color, just a pop of orange on a grey winter day to cheer things up. Originally I planned going for mango, ginger and pineapple, as the photo below proofs. But sadly the pineapple turned out to be already brown inside, although I only had bought it the day before.... :(
Forced to change things up, I used papaya instead, which I forgot to take a picture of. In the end papaya and mango resulted to be one hell of a sweet and exotic combination, ergo no regrets at all. This smoothie is such an explosion of different flavours, it`s sweet, spicy, juicy and hot at the same time, due to the ginger. And papaya might have just become one of my favorite fruits, so heavenly.

fruits for smoothies

What you need (for two servings):
  • 1 mango
  • 1 papaya
  • 10g ginger, freshly grated
  • 200ml water
Instructions
  • peel mango, remove flesh from core
  • halve papaya, remove seeds, scoop out the flesh
  • peel and grate ginger
  • mix all the ingredients and blend until smooth
  • serve immediately or put in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes
One Smoothie a Day Challenge: Day One - Mango Papaya Ginger Smoothie

Mango Papaya Ginger Smoothie

That`s about it in terms of my first smoothie for this challenge. Do you like it? Tell me your opinions and feel free to hop on the challenge whenever you like.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo