search abirdsdailylife

Monday, January 4, 2016

White Chocolate Matcha & Almond Latte

White chocolate matcha latte

First of all and way too late, I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
What goals are you planning to realize this year? What are your good resolutions for 2016? I for myself, I really want to find a regularity in my blog schedule. Besides that, I set myself the goal to try new cooking techniques and ingredients I`ve never tried. 

One of them would be matcha. Yes, true thing, although you won`t believe me. Until today I only tried green tea powder once, over ten years ago, during a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. I remember not liking it that much, though. Like one or two years back matcha started to become really popular on food blogs and became an absolute hipster thing. There were delicious looking matcha muffins, muffin donuts and matcha lattes all over the internet. Since then I`m thinking about giving it another try and hey look at me, finally managed it!

matcha latte with white chocolate

matcha latte with white chocolate & almond milk

Anyway enough me talk, more green tea powder. Have you ever tried traditional green tea with this very powder? Well, if you did you may know it`s slight bitter and kind of weird in flavor and consistency. Not that it`s bad, it`s just different to everything European or American tea drinkers are used to. It will take a while to get used to matcha, I suppose, but it will be totally worth it, as green tea powder is full of antioxidants and vitamins. On top of that the powder contains catechin, which activates our metabolism. That´s why matcha, is the perfect ingredient for those of you who want to start the year on the healthy side after eating tons of chocolates and cookies during Christmas time. 

Your`re maybe even trying to reduce your coffee intake? Then this matcha latte is even more your guy. Why not substitute coffee by matcha? Just use a sweet milk, like almond milk and add a little bit of sweetener, like sugar, honey or agave syrup and you won`t even notice any bitterness. How about using white chocolate as a sweetener? Sounds amazing right? Well I can assure you it is, just try this recipe and you`ll see.

matcha latte ingredients

What you need (for one serving):
  • 2 teaspoons green tea powder
  • 100ml water
  • 250ml almond milk
  • a handful white chocolate, freshly grated
  • green tea whisk
  • eventually sweetener, like sugar, honey or agave syrup
matcha almond milk latte

Instructions:
  • Heat water, pour over green tea powder
  • mix and whisk until foamy with a special green tea whisk
  • pour green tea in your glass
  • heat almond milk in a pan, add to your green tea
  • grate chocolate with a cheese grater, sprinkle over your latte
  • sweeten additionally with sugar, honey or agave syrup if you like
This latte is done quite easy without a lot of ingredients. There`s just one thing that I really recommend you to get, if working with matcha, which is a traditional Japanese green tea whisk. This tool will provide you with the best texture outcome for your matcha. It will turn your tea really fluffy, just the way it has to be. 

So who`s in on drinking more matcha lattes?

xoxo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo