search abirdsdailylife

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hot Apple & Mint Punch

hot apple and mint punch

Snow days always make me think of ice skating and snow fights, followed by warming up in a cozy place drinking some punch. And lately it`s kind of snowing all the time here, so punch is popping up in my thoughts more and more frequently. I mean is there any better treat as a warm apple punch on days like these? Well ok hot chocolate I guess, but besides that can`t think of anything. Anyone out there suggesting other hot beverages?

Simplicity and minimal preparation, that`s what you get with punches. For that matter of fact they are also perfect for long days out in the snow. Just prepare in the morning and keep it warm in a thermos flask. Like that you`ll be able to enjoy your punch at any time during your day outside. Or you may just enjoy a hot steamy pot full of this apple dream, whilst staying inside, watching the snowflakes...at least that`s what I did.

If you ask me, classic apple punch without any other additions, except cinnamon, is the best way to serve this winter beverage. But let`s see, are you in for little alterations, for example spicing it up with some fresh mint leaves? Sounds interesting doesn`t it?
Such a simple amendment with a tremendously refreshing and thirst-quenching outcome. The mint flavour perfectly blends in with the apple taste, without being too dominant.

classic apple punch with mint

ingredients apple and mint punch

What you need for 1 pot (approximately 1 liter):
  • 1 liter water
  • 50g instant apple punch
  • 1 bunch of mint leaves
  • 1 cinnamon stick, halved
  • 1 tablespoon sugar, if you like it sweeter, I didn`t use any
  • electric kettle
Preparation:
  • bring water to a boil in a electric kettle
  • pour hot water into a pot
  • add instant apple punch, cinnamon stick, mint leaves and sugar if you like it sweeter
  • mix well, allow to infuse for a 2 to 3 minutes
  • serve immediately or keep warm in a thermos flask

Preparation time: 5 minutes

hot apple punch with mint leaves


So easy right? Now tell me, what are your favourite flavor combinations? Which spices, fruits and herbs do you like to use when making a punch? I would love if you guys would share your ideas, as I normally stick to the classic apple punch, although I should definitely try new variations.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo