search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Healthy Vegan Trail Mix Bites

healthy vegan trail mix bites

Hello, it`s me again going to annoy you with my healthy snacking crap!
It`s just, because I know, deep inside you love it, especially around this time of the year, after having consumed way too much food over holiday season. Am I right? You`ll even love it more, if I tell you, that these healthy bites are done within a short amount of time without any effort at all and....they are VEGAN! 

In yesterday`s post I already talked to you about making your own snacks that are way more healthier. If you like to read more on that you can check it out here
Today I just want to share another healthy snack recipe with you, but this time we`re talking the sweet stuff. Whilst searching everywhere for inspiration I stumbled upon this delicious looking recipe for carrot cake bites on my pinterest. The idea of a healthy, crunchy and sweet snack sounded so good, I thought you guys are totally going to like this.

Just decided to substitute the carrots by trail mix and to bake my snacks, which made them turn out really crunchy, just the way they should be. Did I mention there`s a slight possibility you can eat the left over almond butter, paradise all over....

ingredients vegan trail mix bites

What you need for approximately 20 bites:
  • 150g trail mix, containing various nuts and raisins
  • 100g oatmeal
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 100g almond butter
  • 50g agave syrup
  • brownie baking tray
  • parchment paper
vegan trail mix bites

Instructions:
  • separate the raisins from the nuts 
  • chop the nuts into little pieces
  • mix well all the ingredients in a bowl
  • refrigerate for approximately 1 hour
  • preheat the oven at 200° Celsius
  • cover your baking tray with parchment paper
  • form your mixture into balls, more or less 12, and lay them out on the parchment paper
  • bake for 10 minutes, it`s possible your bites won`t have melted entirely at this time, if you like them less crunchy and brown you probably want to take them out now
  • turn off the oven, whilst your bites stay in there
  • constantly check on them until they get the consistency and brownness you like, at this point they will melt and probably build one single piece
  • take the tray out of the oven and crack the piece into small ones, or just remove the single balls, depending on if they melted or not
snacking homemeade vegan trail mix bites


healthy and vegan trail mix bites

Ok I admit at the end of the process your bites will devour a little bit more attention and time, but believe me it`s worth it. Everyone will love these, I can assure you, as I brought them to work and all my colleagues absolutely loved them. By afternoon they were already all gone. Simple, easy, effortless, healthy, vegan and way too addictive, do you need anymore reasons to make these trail mix bites, or just your own homemade snacks?


Think about it and until then, read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo