search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Puff Pastry Pie Cups

puff pastry pie cups

A few weeks ago, my best friend came over for dinner. On this occasion I served a dish that has been accompanying me since my childhood. I still remember how excited I got, when my mum made these puff pastry pie cups. I absolutely loved them. Actually still do, but as I am cutting down on my meat consumption, I only serve these on special occasions. 
Now tell me would there be any better occasion, then having your bestie coming over?
Nah, I don`t think so!

In fact these stuffed puff pastry cups are pretty easy to make, but they require some time, especially if you plan on making your own puff pastry cups, like I did this time. Some of you might say, that it`s obvious you have to make them by yourself. Actually no, because this dish is widely known in my country, I would even say it`s part of our traditional cuisine. You can buy pre-made puff pastry cups in every supermarket, even the filling, which comes in cans. So that`s why homemade stuffed puff pastry pie cups aren`t self-evident here.

filling for puff pastry pie cups

What you need (for 5 cups):
  • 270g puff pastry
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 100g sausage meat balls
  • 2 brown champignons
  • 1 white champignon
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 250ml single cream
  • 1 onion
  • salt & pepper
preparing filling for puff pastry pie cups

preparing puff pastry cups


Instruction:
  • preheat the oven at 200° degrees
  • roll out puff pastry, prepare dough as shown in the picture above making 10 circles, 5 of them with a little circle inside
  • finely cut along the borders of your circles, remove remaining dough, I recommend, you roll out the dough again and make more circles, as my cups turned out very small
  • whisk egg in a bowl, coat single circles with egg
  • put one double circle on top of the single circles, again coat with egg
  • bake in the oven until they turned golden brown, between 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your cups
  • peel and chop onion into small pieces
  • wash and slice champignons
  • heat butter in a pan, add onions, cook until translucent
  • add champignons and sausage meat balls, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes
  • pour in the white wine, season with a little bit of salt and pepper
  • cook until the white wine is simmering, then pour in sour cream
  • turn down the heat on very low, let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes
  • don`t forget to stir the sauce from time to time
  • remove the little inner circle you made from your puff pastry cups
  • pour in the filling and put the mini puff pastry circle on top
  • serve warm
stuffed puff pastry cups

That`s about it. So I guess if you like Swiss food, you should definitely give this a try. In fact even if you don`t like Swiss food.

Hope you enjoyed this post and I would really like you guys to follow me on Bloglovin, as it is just perfect to keep all the blogs you read organized and because it would absolutely make me happy. You can find the Bloglovin link on the left top of my page under the social media buttons.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo