Sometimes there are days, when you want to come home, put your feet up and just relax. But what happens when a little hunger feeling starts kicking in, whilst you`re really not motivated to cook anything?
Well I tell you, that`s the moment when a lot of us open that frozen dinner, put it in the microwave and TA DA! Meal ready within minutes. I admit it`s such a comfortable road to go down, I did it as well like a year ago. But then I decided to stop putting crap into my body. That was the moment I banned frozen food out of my kitchen an started to do a lot of things by myself.
Honestly I never regretted my decision. That`s why today's mission consist`s in convincing you that this way of life is possible.By the example of this simple broccoli rice with lemon zest, you`ll probably recognize, that it`s not even that time consuming to prepare yourself a healthy meal instead of just microwaving.
What you need (for 2 servings):
- 240g long grain rice
- ca. 1l water
- 1 broccoli
- juice of one lemon
- zests of one organic lemon
- salt & pepper
- first wash the rice, until the water stops being cloudy
- pour water into a pan and bring to boil, add salt and lemon juice
- add rice, then turn the heat very low, cover the pan
- cook for 15 to 20 minutes until your rice is really fluffy, try not to stir the rice or lift the cover of the pan whilst cooking
- let the rice sit in the pan (covered) for 10 minutes after cooking
- bring water to boil in a pan, add salt
- cut off the broccoli florets, rinse them off with water
- add broccoli to boiling water, cook until you can pinch it easily with a fork
- pour off the broccoli water, add cooked broccoli to your rice
- zest your lemon and sprinkle over your rice
See how quick and easy you can prepare yourself a meal?
Besides that it`s a hundred percent vegetarian, respectively vegan dish, because a little healthy now and then doesn`t hurt, don`t you agree?
Read you soon,