search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Zesty Broccoli Rice

zesty broccoli rice

Sometimes there are days, when you want to come home, put your feet up and just relax. But what happens when a little hunger feeling starts kicking in, whilst you`re really not motivated to cook anything? 
Well I tell you, that`s the moment when a lot of us open that frozen dinner, put it in the microwave and TA DA! Meal ready within minutes. I admit it`s such a comfortable road to go down, I did it as well like a year ago. But then I decided to stop putting crap into my body. That was the moment I banned frozen food out of my kitchen an started to do a lot of things by myself. 
Honestly I never regretted my decision. That`s why today's mission consist`s in convincing you that this way of life is possible.By the example of this simple broccoli rice with lemon zest, you`ll probably recognize, that it`s not even that time consuming to prepare yourself a healthy meal instead of just microwaving. 


What you need (for 2 servings):
  • 240g long grain rice
  • ca. 1l water
  • 1 broccoli
  • juice of one lemon
  • zests of one organic lemon
  • salt & pepper
Preparation:
  • first wash the rice, until the water stops being cloudy
  • pour water into a pan and bring to boil, add salt and lemon juice
  • add rice, then turn the heat very low, cover the pan
  • cook for 15 to 20 minutes until your rice is really fluffy, try not to stir the rice or lift the cover of the pan whilst cooking
  • let the rice sit in the pan (covered) for 10 minutes after cooking
  • bring water to boil in a pan, add salt
  • cut off the broccoli florets, rinse them off with water
  • add broccoli to boiling water, cook until you can pinch it easily with a fork
  • pour off the broccoli water, add cooked broccoli to your rice
  • zest your lemon and sprinkle over your rice



See how quick and easy you can prepare yourself a meal? 
Besides that it`s a hundred percent vegetarian, respectively vegan dish, because a little healthy now and then doesn`t hurt, don`t you agree?

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo