search abirdsdailylife

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Scrambled Eggs with Forest Mushrooms & Bacon


Reading the title of this blog post you might ask yourself the following question: What`s about these food bloggers always posting such easy recipes, that a chef wouldn`t even call a recipe? Or maybe you thought, what the eff, who doesn`t know how to make scrambled eggs, even my eight year old knows how to make scrambled eggs.

Here some of my personal thoughts on this topic. First of all, I believe that what makes life so worth living aren`t a lot of money, tons of designer stuff or overpriced luxury food. The beauty of life is made of all the little and simple things, we sometimes tend to forget about.
Same goes for food. A five star diner with seven courses isn`t bad, but at the same time a subtle, but homemade dish can be even more enjoyable. Yes, even if it`s scrambled eggs! Not to mention the satisfaction you feel running through your veins, when something you made for the first time, turns out good.

Second of all, life is a never ending learning process. One of the worst things that can happen to somebody is stagnation. People that aren`t growing, aren`t evolving, neither mentally nor intellectually. Again same goes for cooking, there`s always something new to discover, whether it`s learning a new technique, training or refreshing one. 

For this very reason I decided a few months ago, that I wanted to intensify and improve my  skills by entering a cooking class. Due to my personality, not working well with regular scheduled class, I wanted to go for an online course. After browsing the internet a few hours I stumbled upon Martha Stewart`s cooking school videos. I`m planning on working through most of the videos, trying out the different techniques implemented, as well as using the lessons as an inspiration for my own creations here on the blog.

Now guess what the first lesson is about? Any idea? Ok, fine, I`m going to tell you anyway...
First lesson: eggs!
So here`s where it all started with the scrambled eggs


What you need (for 2 servings):
  •  4 eggs, room temperature
  •  20g unsalted butter
  • 100g diced bacon
  • 3 handful chopped forest mushrooms, like champignons, chanterelles, pioppini, cetera
  • salt & pepper
  • parsley
Preparation:
  •  rinse off and chop mushrooms
  • heat butter in a pan, it shouldn`t smoke
  • add bacon and mushrooms, cook for 2 to 3 minutes
  • in the meantime break eggs, pour them in a bowl, whisk until well combined
  • pour eggs into pan, turn down the heat on low
  • add salt and pepper
  • cook for 1 minute, keep stirring your eggs from the outside to the inside
  • decorate with parsley and mushrooms

I hope you like evolving and learning new things as much as I do? 
If you do so, please share any good cooking class or course you know, may it be online, DVD, TV, book or whatever, just name it please.
And before I forget, from now on every post labeled with cooking school will be based on the course(s) I`m taking.

Read you soon,
xoxo

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo