search abirdsdailylife

Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Spice French Toast

pumpkin spice french toast

A few weeks ago I made some homemade pumpkin spice as I wanted to treat myself with a pumpkin spice latte. I still had some of the spice mixture left, that I really wanted to use. 
Deciding what to make can be quiet a huge task if you are a pumpkin spice addict holding the opinion that this particular spice just rocks almost every sweet stuff. My little persona falls in this category, so it literally took me like forever and many pinterest-browsing hours until I decided on my next dish featuring pumpkin spice.

Eventually I came to the conclusion, that french toasts flavoured with pumpkin spice would be one perfect delicious choice. And so far no regrets!
The toasts turned out deliciously sweet, but more in a subtle kind of way, whilst there`s a gentle flavour of pumpkin spice shining through. Absolutely mouthwatering and worth a try.

Besides that these french toasts are the perfect breakfast to prepare for a huge crowd. You can make them for a big family brunch or your friends and they`ll always be perfect. Don`t be afraid, everyone will love them!

preparation pumpkin spice french toast

What you need (for 4 toasts):
  • 4 toast bread slices
  • 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice, you can find the recipe here
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, you can find the recipe here
  • 2 eggs
  • 250ml milk
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar, depending on the sweetness you like
  • 30g unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • icing sugar
Preparation:
  • whisk eggs and milk together in a soup plate
  • add half of the pumpkin spice, whisk until well combined
  • mix pumpkin puree and rest of the pumpkin spice
  • spread the pumpkin puree and spice mixture on every side of your toast slices
  • lay your toast bread slices in the mixture, let soak for 3 minutes on every side
  • heat butter in a fry pan in the meantime
  • bake the toast slices in the pan until slightly browned on every side
  • drizzle maple syrup over your french toast 
  • sprinkle on a bit of icing sugar and serve
pumpkin spice flavoured french toast

Although I finished up all my homemade pumpkin spice, I think I`ll make a new batch soon, because there are still so many things I would like to add it too.
Is there any recipe you can recommend?

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo