Awww, you don`t know how I was looking forward to make this fall inspired latte, even more excited to sharing it with you today.
For those of you who didn`t know it already, I`m a Starbucks gingerbread latte enthusiast for like forever, but what you might not know yet, is that I also became a pumpkin spice latte addict, like 2 years ago. This is the reason for my excitement with this homemade pumpkin spice latte, which surprisingly tasted as good as the original one from Starbucks.
I am actually so craving one right now!
What you need (for one latte):
- 250ml milk
- 1 teaspoon homemade pumpkin puree
- 50 to 75ml black coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons homemade pumpkin spice
- a pinch of bourbon vanilla
- 2 to 3 tablespoons homemade whipped cream
What you need for the pumpkin spice & pumpkin puree:
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons grounded cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grounded ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- mix all the spices in a mortar for the pumpkin spice
- deseed the pumpkin, lay on a baking sheet skin up
- bake the pumpkin in the oven at 200° degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes, when you stick a knife into the skin of the pumpkin it should pass through it easily
- let cool down the pumpkin, scrape out the pumpkin flesh, mash it with a fork or puree it with a hand-held blender
- heat a pan, add the brown sugar, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice, mix and cook for 1 minute
- add the milk and heat, but don`t let it boil, whisk constantly for 1 minute, as soon as the milk starts to ascend take it off the heat
- prepare your black coffee, pour in a latte macchiatto glass or any high see through glass
- sift and add milk to the coffee
- top with whipped cream and sprinkle over a little bit of pumpkin spice
Now I can make myself a pumpkin spice latte whenever I crave it, throughout the whole year, so enormously bumped about that!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
read you soon,