search abirdsdailylife

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Goodbye Summer: Ginger & Vanilla Citrus Sweet Tea

ginger & vanilla citrus sweet tea

Dear summer,

It`s always a pleasure to have you around. 
I love how your sunbeams caress my skin, 
how the air smells after your storms,
how you paint the sky in the most beautiful colours.
Every year I´m awaiting your arrival impatiently, besides I can not bear the fact of your department after only three months.
Summer I love you and I`m beyond sad that you`re gone, already miss you a lot!
Goodbye my dear summer, see you around next year.

Well I think you get it, a child of the summer is talking here. For the matter of fact, I`m actually really born in summer, more precise in July, so I have all the rights to be totally in love with this season.
Anyway enough of me, let`s get back to the main topic. 
Summer is finally over here, temperatures are dropping and the days are getting shorter and darker. I wanted to have a final taste of summer, so that`s why I made a refreshing sweet tea with ginger, vanilla and citrus aroma. 
Lemonades or tea with citrus fruits or flavor are the perfect summer drink and therefor this drink is certainly suited to say goodbye to my favorite season of the year. Don`t you agree?

sweet tea flavoured with ginger, vanilla and citrus fruits

What you need (for one jug):
  • 2 bags of lemon flavored black tea
  • 2 bags of herbal tea with orange peel, ginger & vanilla
  • 1L water
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • ice cubes
  • strawberries & straw to decorate
Preparation:
  • bring water to boil in a pan or water boiler
  • pour boiling water into a jug and add the tea bags
  • let the black tea infuse for 5 minutes, the herbal tea a little bit longer, then remove the tea bags, let cool down
  • add lemon juice, sugar and ice cubes to cold tea, you can also add the ice cubes directly to your glasses instead of the jar
  • pour tea into glasses & decorate with straws & strawberries 
This sweet tea not only jazzes up your end of summer porch nights with the bae, but also results to be a pretty suitable tea for rainy stay at home fall days.
read you soon,
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo