search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Chocolate Snickers Tart

Chocolate snickers tart

Peanuts, chocolate and caramel, is there anything else you wish for in a chocolate bar? I don`t think so and that`s why Snickers is one heavenly creation, well at least in my little world. And here lies the problem, why it took me so long to finally create a sweet treat with these bars.

Baking with snickers isn`t something that popped up in my head yesterday, I`ve been fancying about it for almost a year already. It`s just every time I bought them, they were gone within a few days, before I even had a chance to bake anything. Well, I guess I can`t get enough of them....greedy me...

chocolate snickers tart, serve cold or hot


Anyway, after all I managed not to eat all my snickers right away and made this delicious dark chocolate and snickers tart. And do you want to know the best thing about this tart? It`s absolutely luscious served hot, but even more heavenly if cooled down. I recommend doing it both and I`ll promise you get two completely different taste adventures, almost like eating two different types of chocolate tart. When served hot, you`ll get the creamy chocolate texture and the whole flavour of the dark chocolate. If served cold the flavour of the snickers will start to come trough more and more. 
Are you ready for the adventure, so let`s start making this tart!

What you need (for one tart):
  • round cake tin (diameter 32cm)
  • 5 snicker bars
  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 270g shortcrust pastry
  • 100ml milk
  • a few marshmallows
  • icing sugar
ingredients for chocolate snickers tart

Preparation:
  • preheat the oven at 200° degrees
  • roll out your dough, I used store bought one, but feel free to make your own shortcrust pastry
  • lay out baking paper on your cake tin, cut paper into shape if necessary 
  • transfer rolled out dough onto your cake tin, form the crust as you like it or according to the shape of your cake tin
  • break dark chocolate into pieces
  • cut snicker bars into medium size pieces
  • melt both of them in a bain-marie
  • as soon as half melted add milk, mix well
  • pour the melted chocolate milk mixture onto your prepared dough
  • put in the oven and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes until the dough is crispy
  • sprinkle sieved icing sugar over your baked tart
  • decorate with marshmallows
  • serve hot, cold or both
tart with chocolate and snicker bars

You see this is done quiet quickly and you can easily make this on a busy day too. If you decide to use homemade dough, it should take you about one or one and a half hours more till you get this done. It`s worth the effort though, unless you`re in desperate need to eat something sweet, like it happened to me this time.

Read you soon,
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo