In my supermarket they sell a brand of chocolate chip cookies I can`t get enough of. If I get a pack I`ll totally eat it within one single day. Sadly these cookies aren`t on the cheaper side, no way I`m buying them every week.
So what should woman do, when craving cookies and the ones you bought yesterday are already gone? You bake your own chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts. And yep, that`s what I did and they turned out so unbelievably yummy and crunchy.
Okay we`re deep into cookie talk right now, so let me tell you I like chunky cookie chips equally as crunchy ones. And you, more of a crunchy type or the chunky one?
In this recipe the cookies are a little bit smaller, like that they turn out more crunchy, but if you prefer chewy cookies, just make them bigger and thicker.
What you need (for about 32 cookies):
- 100g butter
- 150g brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 15g vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200g flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- 80g macadamia nuts, chopped
- all ingredients should be at room temperature
- preheat the oven at 180° degrees
- whisk together butter, brown sugar, vanilla sugar and salt until fluffy
- add the eggs, whisk again until everything is well combined and sticky
- sift flour and baking powder into the dough, mix well for several minutes
- add in chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts and mix again
- lay out baking paper on a baking sheet
- form little balls with the aid of two teaspoons and let them drop on the baking sheet
- bake for about 8 to 10 minutes (maximum 12 minutes), depending how crunchy you want your cookies
Perfect time to make these sweet delights is on a cold and rainy weekend. Kids absolutely will love to make these too, not to mention, the huge amount of cookies that can be obtained from this recipe. I even brought a bunch of cookies to work. You can also give them to your friends as little gifts, showing how much you appreciate them. Believe me, there will be no leftovers this time.
read you soon,