search abirdsdailylife

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Triple Berry Porridge

triple berry porridge

Although breakfast is the most important meal of the day, people tend to not pay a lot of attention to it. To be honest, me included, as a cup of coffee actually is all I have for breakfast during weekdays. 
Actually I would call myself a weekend breakfast person, as I do love to have a rich and sumptuous Sunday morning feast. So at least I`m trying once or twice a week, as everyone of us should take themselves some time to really enjoy the first meal of the day. 
Let me tell you breakfast is just awesome, especially if it goes hand in hand with fresh sweet berries, like this porridge I have in store for you today. Such a sweet summer treat, you have to try this!

What you need (for 2 servings):
  • 75 to 80g oatmeal
  • 300ml milk 
  • 2 handful mixed berries, I used strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
  • (1 tablespoon sugar), depends on the sweetness you prefer
porridge with strawberries, raspberries and blackberries

Preparation:
  • wash the berries, chop strawberries into pieces and remove stems
  • heat milk and sugar in a pan, bring to boil
  • reduce the heat, add oatmeal and berries, let simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
  • decorate with fresh berries and serve
Unfortunately my porridge didn`t turn out that moist, as I spent too much time talking to my friend and not paying attention to the timer. Let it simmer for about 20 instead of 10. 
Although a little bit sticky it was still delicious and I bet you`ll do it better than me and watch your porridge. 
I`m also thinking trying it with a little bit more milk or milk water next time. What do you think? How do you make your porridge?

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo