search abirdsdailylife

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings


Crunchy at the outside, tender and juicy in the inside, that`s how I like my chicken the best. Seriously guys I am so addicted to fried chicken, since my trip to the Caribbean a few years ago. Honestly really can`t say no to any variation, especially if they include the word spicy. 

For this very reason I absolutely wanted to play around with spices and make my own piquant fried chicken. And isn`t there any better liaison than paprika and chicken wings? Perfect match if you ask me. And although I don`t have a lot of experience in cooking chicken, this dish astonishingly turned out pretty tasty, just ignore the few burnt wings *lol*, the others were absolutely yummy. 


What you need (for 1 serving):
  • 6 chicken wings
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 2-3 tablespoons water
  • 5 tablespoons paprika powder
  • 2 tablespoons smoked paprika powder
  • 2 tablespoons hot ketchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
  • a pinch of salt
  • optional: 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
  • one big bowl flour
  • oil or butter

Preparation:
  • mix lemon juice, paprika powder, smoked paprika powder, water, hot ketchup, minced garlic and onion, salt and brown sugar ( if you like) in a bowl, mix well
  • wash chicken, marinate chicken in spicy mixture for about 30 minutes, turn wings over from time to time, if you have time marinate over night (in the fridge)
  •  Heat oil or butter in a pan, in the meantime dip your wings into the bowl with flour, make sure to cover the wings completely with flour
  • fry the wings in the hot oil for about 10 to maximum 15 minutes, don`t forget to turn them over when half of the time is over
  • serve with yummy fries, like these paprika flavoured sweet potato

I know these chicken wings aren`t perfect, but that`s what I like about cooking, trying new things, without knowing how they turn out. Besides that I think one should never stop learning, gaining experience and improving skills. 
But enough of me, what about you, do you like chicken wings? How do you make them?
Tell me all about your fried chicken recipes, as I really like to connect with other persons passionate about cooking.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo