search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Paprika Flavoured Sweet Potato Fries

paprika flavoured sweet potato fries

Sweet potatoes are the next best thing for me at the moment, I really crave them all the time, since I first tried them in Berlin a few months back. Previously I always kind of assumed that I wouldn`t like sweet potatoes, therefor never tried them either. 

Nowadays I`m so glad, I gave them a try, which is why I have to spread some sweet potato love to all of you guys. I mean check out what awesome stuff you can make with them, for example these delicious paprika flavoured fries. 
And who doesn`t love some comfort food from time to time, especially if I tell you that these fries are definitely more healthier than regular ones made out of potatoes. Sweet potatoes also are known to be very substantial, so these crunchy fries will satisfy your stomach way more than other fast food.
Anybody needs any more convincing???
Then let me tell you sweet potato fries are so good, their taste will absolutely blow you away!

paprika flavoured sweet potato fries ingredients

What you need (2 servings):
  • 3 sweet potatoes
  • 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 5 teaspoons paprika powder
  • 1-2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
  • pepper & salt
Preparation:
  • preheat oven at 200°C to 220°C
  • wash, peel and halve sweet potatoes, cut into stripes, make sure they aren`t to thin
  • mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl
  • put sweet potato fries and spice-oil-mixture in a freezer bag, shake well until all fries are covered with the mixture
  • put baking paper on a griddle, lay out your fries on top of the baking paper
  • bake 15 to 20 minutes, then flip your fries, bake at least for another 15 to 20 minutes, maybe your`s take longer or shorter to get crispy, so I recommend you to check on your fries regularly
Sweet potato fries are best served with burgers, chicken wings or toasted sandwiches.

paprika flavoured sweet potato fries recipe


Hope I could get you guys a little bit enthusiastic about sweet potatoes, if you haven`t been it already...
So tell me, do you like them or not?

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo