search abirdsdailylife

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mixed Salad with Scallops & Asparagus Tips

mixed salad with scallops

Summer equals cold dishes, like salads, which come in so many different variations and possible combinations, that you will never get tired of them. You can literally eat a different salad every day, believe me, because I would call myself a frequent and experienced salad eater. Seriously it`s on my menu like almost every day during summer season.

This time I went a little bit experimental on my mixed green salad, using seared scallops and white pickled asparagus to top it off. And this one was so good, I just had to share this recipe with you guys.

What you need (2 servings):
  • 4 handful curled lettuce
  • 6 radishes
  • 2 scallions
  • 100g scallops
  • ca.75g white pickled asparagus tips
  • 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • salt & pepper
summery mixed salad with scallops

Preparation:
  • heat canola oil in a fry pan
  • wash the curled lettuce, radishes, scallions and scallops
  • fry the scallops until golden brown, let cool down
  • cut curled lettuce into stripes
  • cut radishes and scallions into slices
  • mix curled lettuce, radishes and scallions and put on a plate
  •  arrange seared scallops and asparagus tips on top of the salad
  • mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
  • drizzle the dressing over your salad
Actually this recipe was a spontaneous creation, as a friend announced to stop by last-minute and I needed something quick and easy. Sometimes unplanned things turn out to be the best surprises.

What about you? What salads do you like to eat during summer?
Love to read your comments and opinions on this and really would appreciate if you guys would follow my blog on Bloglovin and other social media (check out the buttons above).

Read you soon,
xoxo
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo