search abirdsdailylife

Monday, August 10, 2015

Honey & Nectarine Pie

honey & nectarine pie

Nectarines definitely are fruits that stand for summer, besides that they will always remind me of my childhood summer`s. Loved to eat them when I was little, still do actually... And I always thought nectarines are so much fancier, juicier and sweeter than peaches. 

For that matter of fact I wanted to share a sweet treasure made out of these little fellows. I mean one has to promote one of it`s favorite summer fruits, don`t you think?
Not only does this pie captivate due to it`s fruity sweetness but also you can make it within a couple of minutes. Really it`s that easy,believe me!

What you need (middle size pie):
  • 140g shortcrust pastry
  • 3 - 4 ripe nectarines
  • 1 egg
  • 4 - 5 table spoons honey
  •  ca. 1.5dl milk
honey & nectarine pie ingredients

Preparation:
  • preheat your oven at 200°C
  • lay out your griddle with baking paper, put your shortcrust pastry on top of baking paper
  • prick your pastry with a fork
  • wash and cut nectarines into thin slices, spread them out on your pastry
  • mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl and pour over your pie
  • bake about 30 to 40 minutes
  • let cool down a little, decorate with sweetened whipping cream
 A perfect pie, that children and adults will like equally. A sweet treat, that works for every occasion, besides being a perfect summer dessert. I guess peaches would work well with the honey too, but as already mentioned, I really prefer nectarines. About that, what do you guys like more peaches or nectarines?

Read you soon
xoxo
 



 

4 comments:

  1. I love baking with nectarines during the summer! Your pie sounds amazing!
    Ps. LOVE that Audrey Hepburn bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, also for visiting and leaving such a nice comment!
      I love baking too, let`s be baking friends:)

      Delete
  2. Nectarine tarts go hand in hand with whipped cream, aren't they the perfect summer bite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes darling you`re so right, they are the perfect summer bite...I have to admit though that I ate it all by myself, so it was a pretty huge bite *lol*

      Delete

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo