search abirdsdailylife

Monday, July 20, 2015

Oven-Grilled Corncobs with Basil-Ricotta Dip

Oven-grilled corncobs with basil-Ricotta dip

At the moment it seems kind the time for light cuisine, it`s just way to hot for sumptuous meals and guess what guys? Barbecue season is on anyway! Man, I love barbecue, I just could do this every weekend in summer without getting bored, believe me. Only problem here: not owning a grill...That`s why I transformed my oven into a grill, I mean if it has a grilling function why not use it right? 
First of all, I`m still experimenting with this, trying to get similar results as with a real grill. And although my first try, these yummy oven-grilled corncobs, didn`t look as fancy as they would made on a grill, they actually tasted quiet good, especially with the basil-ricotta dip, which gave the corncobs the so needed refreshment. 


Oven-grilled corncobs with basil-Ricotta dip ingredients


What you need:
this serving makes 2 corncobs & one bowl of dip
  • 2 corncobs, I used precooked ones
  • 20g butter
  • salt & pepper
  • 5 to 10 leaves of basil, depending on how strong you prefer the flavour
  • 250g ricotta
 
Preparation:
  • preheat oven at 200° Celsius,
  • remove leaves from corncobs, wash them
  • rub corncobs with soft butter, add salt and pepper while turning the corncobs slightly
  • put corncobs on a baking tray or directly on the grid of your oven
  • if you want to, wrap the corncobs in tinfoil, I for myself just put them on a baking tray, didn`t want any mess
  • grill (make sure to put your oven on grill) for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown, don`t forget to turn over the corncobs from time to time
  • wash the basil, cut it into little pieces
  • add basil and ricotta in a bowl, if you prefer you can puree everything
  • add salt & pepper, mix well and put in the refrigerator, you want this dip really cool believe me
Hope you like this simple summer recipe and wish you all a happy barbecue time. Enjoy!

Love you guys,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo