search abirdsdailylife

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Crunchy Cherry Crumble

crunchy cherry crumble

Lately you can see a lot of baking with cherries on food blogs and social media, so I`ve been craving for doing some on my own.
I wanted something that really was able to bring through the sweet delicious taste of the cherries, that`s why I decided to make a crumble. On my opinion this is a dessert, that just tastes delicious in every variation, and although it`s simplicity, it always works for every occasion. And believe me this case, there`s nothing better than the mixture of warm cherries and sweet crumbles. It was that good, that I just want to taste it again right now!

If you ask me, there`s only one thing that can top this, which is a crunchy crumble! I love this dessert even more if it turns out really crispy, that`s why I used cereals and oatmeal. How do you prefer your crumble? Crunchy or not?

crunchy cherry crumble with cereals & oatmeal


What you need:
makes one middle sized baking dish
  • 500g cherries
  • 125g butter
  • 120g crunchy cereals
  • 2 tablespoons oatmeal
  • 100g brown sugar
  • a pinch of salt
Preparation:
  • slice the butter, put in a pan and heat until the butter starts to melt
  • add all the ingredient, minus the cherries, into a bowl, mix well until you got a crumbly dough/mass
  • let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes
  • preheat the oven at 150°C
  • wash, halve and pit the cherries, add them on the bottom of your baking dish
  • sprinkle the crumbles over the cherries until they are covered completely
  • bake your crumble for 20 to 25 minutes until (slightly) golden-brown
crunchy crumble with cherries

I recommend to enjoy this treat as soon as it comes out of the oven. You can also warm it up again later and it still tastes good. 
Hope you like this recipe, you guys should really try it! And if you don`t like cherries, there`s plenty of fruits that would be a perfect substitute.

Read you soon,
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! Thanks for stopping by!


    S.
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, this is my type of crumble, sweet, summery and oh so buttery.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo