Ok first of all I admit this recipe probably wouldn`t be the first you choose during a very hot summer day, but I like it, because it`s such a suitable dish for days I work. Normally after a full working day I`m not much into cooking big things, just needs to be done quick and that`s where this delicious hotpot comes into play, because it`s prepared within seconds.
Besides that, you can store it in the fridge for 2 days and it still will be good. Anyone thinking the same thing I do? Yes, also a perfect menu to take at work for your lunch break!
For those of you who aren`t yet convinced to try this hotpot, although it`s summer, I have one last argument for you. This stew tasted amazing, yup, absolutely mouthwatering!
The salami and the smoked paprika combined very well together and gave the hotpot a delicious full-flavoured-smokey savour.
What you need:
makes 2 servings
- 140g chickpeas, I used the ones in a can, they already come precooked
- 160g brown lentils
- ca. 175g salami, I used Citterio salami
- 360g sieved tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- smoked paprika powder
- garlic & onion powder, if you have more time use fresh garlic & fresh red onions
- Italian herb mixture
- dried & chopped basil
- add the sieved tomatoes to a pan, make sure to get all the sieved tomatoes out by filling the glass/can they came in with water and adding it to the pan too
- repeat this step until your glass/can is clean
- add chickpeas & lentils to the pan, cook at medium temperature for about 15 minutes
- skin the salami & chop into slices, I like my slices pretty thick but you can also make them thinner if you prefer
- add the salami & all the herbs and spices (except the basil), add as much as you like, however I recommend to start adding little amounts of spices whilst trying the whole time, like that you prevent to over-flavour your dish.
- cook again for 10 to 15 minutes, this time at low temperature
- serve your dish & decorate with dried basil
I suppose this would also be absolutely delicious with chorizo, aw I`m already craving this hotpot again. Anyway, hope you try this one out and love it as much as I did.
Read you soon,