search abirdsdailylife

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Chickpea-Lentil-Hotpot with Salami

Chickpea-Lentil-Hotpot with Salami

Ok first of all I admit this recipe probably wouldn`t be the first you choose during a very hot summer day, but I like it, because it`s such a suitable dish for days I work. Normally after a full working day I`m not much into cooking big things, just needs to be done quick and that`s where this delicious hotpot comes into play, because it`s prepared within seconds. 
Besides that, you can store it in the fridge for 2 days and it still will be good. Anyone thinking the same thing I do? Yes, also a perfect menu to take at work for your lunch break!

For those of you who aren`t yet convinced to try this hotpot, although it`s summer, I have one last argument for you. This stew tasted amazing, yup, absolutely mouthwatering!
The salami and the smoked paprika combined very well together and gave the hotpot a delicious full-flavoured-smokey savour.

Chickpea-Lentil-Hotpot with Salami ingredients

What you need:
makes 2 servings
  • 140g chickpeas, I used the ones in a can, they already come precooked
  • 160g brown lentils
  • ca. 175g salami, I used Citterio salami
  • 360g sieved tomatoes
  • water
  • salt & pepper
  • smoked paprika powder
  • garlic & onion powder, if you have more time use fresh garlic & fresh red onions
  • Italian herb mixture
  • dried & chopped basil
Chickpea-Lentil-Hotpot with Salami preparation

Preparation: 
  • add the sieved tomatoes to a pan, make sure to get all the sieved tomatoes out by filling the glass/can they came in with water and adding it to the pan too
  • repeat this step until your glass/can is clean
  • add chickpeas & lentils to the pan, cook at medium temperature for about 15 minutes
  • skin the salami & chop into slices, I like my slices pretty thick but you can also make them thinner if you prefer
  • add the salami & all the herbs and spices (except the basil), add as much as you like, however I recommend to start adding little amounts of spices whilst trying the whole time, like that you prevent to over-flavour your dish.
  • cook again for 10 to 15 minutes, this time at low temperature
  • serve your dish & decorate with dried basil
Chickpea-Lentil-Hotpot with Salami and smoked paprika

I suppose this would also be absolutely delicious with chorizo, aw I`m already craving this hotpot again. Anyway, hope you try this one out and love it as much as I did.

Read you soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo