search abirdsdailylife

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Winter Salad

Winter salad

Lately I'm experimenting with adding fruits to meals and this salad is one pretty good outcome, I came up with a few weeks ago. Normally I don't like bitter things, but in combination with fresh and sweet oranges, it didn't even bother me. I actually kind of liked the subtle bitterness of the salad.

What you need:
  • 1 - 2 handful sugarloaf chicory
  • 1 orange
  • 2 tablespoons seed mixture
  • 4 - 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt & pepper
  • grounded onion and garlic
1. step:
Wash every single salad leaf and arrange it nicely on a plate. Peel the orange and completely remove the skin. It resulted to be quiet difficult to get the skin removed without tearing apart the orange slices, at least for me. I wasn't able to remove it completely. So if anyone has a tip how to do this perfectly, please tell me.

2. step:
Arrange the slices on top of the sugarloaf chicory and sprinkle your seeds over the salad. Mix all the remaining ingredients together for your dressing and pour it over the salad.

Do you have a great recipe with fruits? Feel free to share.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo