search abirdsdailylife

Monday, October 7, 2013

What I read this September

What I read this September

I stumbled upon a very special book in the library this month, called "The End of Mr.Y", written by Scarlett Thomas. It's not the type of book I would normally read, but I instantly wanted to, seeing it's cover. I mean who doesn't get curious about a book with black pages.

"The End of Mr.Y" is a great mixture of philosophy and fiction, reunited at it's best in this book. It all starts the second Ariel Manto, a young PhD student, discovers a unique, long-lost book written by Thomas Lumas, an ancient writer. Did you get the name of the book yet? Duh, it's "The End of Mr.Y" of course,which is said to be cursed. Everyone that read it died. No matter what the rumours are, Ariel reads the book, which will change her life forever. She will not only be chased by the mysterious and dangerous men of the project Starlight, but also find herself in a different world, called troposphere, a world built on thoughts. Besides being responsible for all the commotion in Ariel's life, the troposphere also will turn her way of seeing the world completely upside down.

Reading The End of Mr.Y

Well this book won't be one of my favourite ones,but I still liked it, mainly because it's different from all the other ones I prefer to read. Normally I'm not a big fan of philosophic stuff, probably due to the fact that I'm not one of the persons that likes to speculate about the meaning of everything and the emergence of life, etc. But to be honest I kind of got a little inspired by all the thoughts and questions proposed by the author. Although this makes the story a bit complicated, thus you need to focus while reading.

If you like books that are thought-provoking and maybe a little bit mind blowing, then "The End of Mr.Y" is a perfect fit for you. Do you even like books like that? And if so, which ones are your favorites?
I for one rate the book with 5 out of 10.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo