search abirdsdailylife

Monday, June 3, 2013

Wild Garlic Pesto

Ingredients for wild garlic pesto

Pesto is one good stuff,guys don`t you think?And I mean,who doesn`t like pasta?
And best thing about it,you make one jar and you have enough pesto for a whole week.Seems like plenty of opportunities to try out different ways to eat it.

So today I`m going to share a pesto recipe with wild garlic,I found while looking through my cookbooks.And believe me,this one isn`t only seasonal and healthy,but actually really really good!

What you need (for 1 jar):
  • 2 ounces fresh wild garlic
  • 1 1/2 ounces pine nuts
  • 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 ounces grated mountain cheese (a cheese produced in the Alps)
  • 1/2 to 1 cup rape oil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • salt
  • black pepper
I know pesto is normally made with Parmesan cheese,but I liked the idea of using mountain/alpine cheese in combination with the tart flavour of the wild garlic.

yummy pesto with mountain cheese and wild garlic

1.Step:
Rinse off the wild garlic and let drip off well.Then chop the leaves,as well as the pine nuts.Now add the first four ingredients in a bowl and mash everything with a blender until it has a smooth texture.Spice your pesto with salt,pepper and lemon juice to add some seasoning.

2.Step:
Pour your pesto into a well cleaned jar and brim the jar with rape oil.Stored in the fridge the pesto is maintainable for a whole week.
Or if you want to,just eat it right away with yummy pasta or bread.

By now you get it that I love pesto,so if you have some delicious pesto ideas,don`t hesitate to share them with me!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo