search abirdsdailylife

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Book Reviews:"The Wedding Girl" from Madleine Wickham

Talking about "The Wedding Girl" from Sophie Kinsella

Hello lovely readers,are you ready for some book review time?
Some of you may already know about my May lecture,for those who didn`t read my little sneak peek on this months book,you can find it here.In that previous post I had already mentioned,that I`ve read a few books from Madleine Wickham,aka Sophie Kinsella till now and I always liked them.Because of that,I was really looking forward to start reading it,expecting it to be just hilariously funny and thrilling.

Sadly I got disappointed a little bit with "The Wedding Girl".Or maybe I just had too high expectations,because I admire the author that much,but I just really didn`t get the sense of that storyline.Why would somebody wait until a week before their wedding to do something about an already existing and not yet divorced marriage?
Don`t get me wrong,the storyline is ok,the end is pretty cute and I like how all the persons in the book get to now their unflattering characteristic traits  and become better persons.But if a storyline lacks of logic,we just can`t be friends.

Sharing some thoughts on a Sophie Kinsella book

As already mentioned here,Milly is getting married in a week.Unfortunately it slipped her mind to tell her future husband,that she already got married 10 years ago.During a vacation she married a gay friend,to give him permission to stay in the country with his boyfriend.Over the years she lost track of both of them.One week before her wedding Milly gets reminded of that youthful indiscretion by a person who had witnessed everything and threatens her.That`s the moment when she gets worried and starts investigating and looking for her lost husband and his boyfriend.

I ask you now,what do you think about a plot like that?Do you get why I wasn`t that excited about this lecture?

Me for my part,I sadly have to give it a thumbs down.There are definitely better and more logical books from Sophie Kinsella.
And what do you read at the moment?Any suggestions?

xoxo







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo