search abirdsdailylife

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wild Garlic Hummus

How to make hummus with wild garlic

Lately I`m using a lot of wild garlic to cook with or garnish my dishes.I absolutely love that it tastes slightly like garlic,but not too intense.At the moment you can find it in every supermarket here,as it is wild garlic season.Seasonal cooking is one of the things I try to pay attention too,not always of course,but as much as I can.
And the very best thing is that with wild garlic I get two things at one sweep.A local harvested product,that is seasonal and something that I really love to eat!

When I bought some wild garlic at a local organic market,I was making up a lot of ways how I could include it to my daily menu plan.I also remembered a sun dried tomato hummus recipe I had seen a while ago on a beautiful mess.You all know I`m a huge fan of Elsies & Emmas blog and I practically want to try all the things they post about.
Sadly I don`t like sun dried tomatoes and for that reason I couldn`t try Emma`s recipe.But then it came to me!Why not try her recipe but replace the sun dried tomatoes and the cilantro by wild garlic?!

That`s how the combination of hummus and wild garlic was born!Well at least for me,as I am pretty sure,somebody already came up with this before me.As already mentioned,this recipe is hardly adapted from here.

Me trying out new recipes with wild garlic

What you need for one little bowl:
  • 1 1/2 to 2 ounces fresh wild garlic
  • 1 can chickpeas
  •  2 tablespoons tahini paste
  • 6 tablespoons olive oil or any other oil you like
  • salt
  • pepper
1.Step:
Rinse off and chop the wild garlic.Open the chickpeas can and remove the skin,if you want to.I didn`t do it,as I am a very lazy person and I wanted this to be a quick to eat snack.

2.Step:
Put the first three ingredients together in a bowl and stir with a blender until everything is mixed well.Now slowly add the olive oil.I did it in three different steps,always mixing the oil in between the single steps.If you use another oil,for example sesame oil,it`s possible that you won`t need 6 tablespoons,as this always depends on the oil.

3.Step:
Finish by adding salt,pepper and any other stuff you like.

I ate my hummus with salt crackers,as recommended by Emma.And it was just deliciously yummy!
So what about you?Do you like wild garlic?Any recipe using it?

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. oh wow this sounds so good! I have never tried wild garlic, what exactly do they look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this food and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    Kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hummus and carlig, so this does sounds like a perfect combo. I've never tried making it from scratch though!

    Corinne x
    wwww.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am also obsessed with elsie and emma's blog so i totally get that. ha!

    this recipe looks so delicious. normally i just buy it prepackage which looks gross compared to the lovely stuff you have up there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous style, adoring your blog!
    check out our new blog – behind the scenes at our fashion agency!

    lots of love from La-La Land
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo