search abirdsdailylife

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Leek Cream Soup

A leek soup recipe

That was actually the first time I made a leek soup,or Vichyssoise as others may call it,and I liked it that much,that I had to share it with you right away.
On my opinion it`s the perfect meal for a cold day,when you need something to warm you from inside.So far this spring has rather been freezing than warm,for which reason leek cream soup still is a pretty good option.
Oh and have I mentioned that it`s pretty easy to make and that it can be reheated without losing a bit of it`s delicacy.I for example reheated mine the next day for lunch.
Recipe is slightly adapted from here.

What you need (2 servings):
  • 2 leek rods
  • 1/2 ounce butter  
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 6 ounces single cream
  • 1 laurel leaf
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • nutmeg
  • chive
1.Step:
First peel the potatoes.Then rinse them off,as well as the leek rods.Cut the potatoes in dices and the leek rods into rings.Heat butter in a pan and add the leek rings as soon as the butter is hot.Steam for 20 minutes.
Add 1 to 2 pinches of salt and pepper.

Delicious Vichyssoise recipe

2.Step:
Add potatoes,water,milk and the laurel leaf.Cover the pan and continue cooking for 30 minutes.

3.Step:
Remove the laurel leaf.Now puree with a bar mixer,till your soup has a smooth and uniform texture.Add the single cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.Stir until mixed well.If you want you can heat your soup again for about 10 minutes,like I did,or just finish by serving your soup in plates.
Don`t forget to sprinkle on some chopped chive.

You see quiet an easy recipe!
While making it I could finish some housework without any problems,meaning without burning anything.You could also make this soup with milk only,without any cream.I for myself liked the cream,as it gave the soup the smooth consistence I loved that much.

What dishes with leek do you like?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo