search abirdsdailylife

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Green,Greener,Green Salad

A recipe on a healthy green salad

Today I have a super healthy green salad recipe for you.
As usual it`s an easy and quick to do recipe,which I make all the time.Especially during the week at lunchtime,when I need something quick to go,but still healthy.
What I most love about this salad is that it`s very refreshing,particularly,when all the ingredients come right out of the fridge.And I think it`s green color is just adorable.Doesn`t it make your mouth watery?!

What you need (1 serving,salad dressing 2 servings):
  • 1/2 salad cucumber
  • 2-3 full hands iceberg lettuce
  • 1 avocado 
  • 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 2-3 tablespoons sunflower oil or rape oil
  • 3-4 tablespoons wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • grounded garlic
  • grounded onion
  • salad herb mixture
1.Step:
Wash the first two ingredients and peel the salad cucumber,if you want to.I prefer to eat them with their skin on.Now cut the cucumber in little pieces or slices and rip the iceberg lettuce in eatable sized pieces.Prepare on a plate

2.Step:
Halve the avocado and remove the core.Peel the avocado and cut it into slices.Arrange the avocado slices on top of the salad.Add the lemon juice,which on one hands contributes to the refreshing taste and on the other hand prevents the avocado from turning brown.

3.Step:
Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and stir.Mix everything well,so that your salad dressing gets an even texture.Pour your dressing over the salad,grab a fork and enjoy.

I personally am a big fan of salads,I can always eat them.Are you a sucker for salad too?And if you have some good salad recipes,please tell me about them,by leaving a comment!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! What a nice change seeing a recipe on a non food blog! I love salads and like to put seeds mixed in like sunflower seeds its dead tasty! Ps thanks for ur blog comment :-) x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo