search abirdsdailylife

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tricolore Salad

salad with cucumber and peperoni

Today I have a delicious and easy salad recipe in store for you.

Some of you may already know.that I made the resolution to eat vegetables or fruits five times a day.I called it the Rules of 5!
Since then I`m obsessing about new recipes and ideas how to implement this change in my life.And I have to admit,this is a huge and difficult step for me,although I like fruits and veggies,they actually weren`t that present on my table.

The Tricolore Salad turned out to be a really good friend,supporting me with my resolution.I already made this salad three times and I still love it!
Oh and I made it on Christmas dinner with my friends!

tricolore salad

What you need (3-4 servings):
  • 1 yellow peperoni
  • 1 red peperoni
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 10 to 15 tablespoons lemon juice depending on how thick and sour you like the dressing
  • a lot of different spices and herbs,I used grounded garlic,grounded onions,chives,salad herbal mix,basil,Fleur de Sel,sea salt,pepper and lemon pepper.

1.Step:
Cut the pepperoni in stripes and the cucumber in rings.Then cut the peperoni stripes in even smaller pieces and halve the cucumber rings.
That`s about it for the salad,so you see it`s pretty much done quickly!

2.Step:
Here`s how I made the salad dressing for the Tricolore Salad,which is by the way called like that,because of it`s colours.And as you may know,it is very important to eat different colored food.
Add plain yogurt,lemon juice and all your spices and herbs in a little gravy boat.Mix well and then pour gently over your salad.
And done!

salad with yogurt dressing

I hope you can use this recipe and if you have some tips for implementing my Rule of 5 or other healthy recipes,feel free to comment and share!

xoxo


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!!

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo