search abirdsdailylife

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mediterranean Party Snacks

recipe for mediterranean party snacks

Yey!I`m happy!
Weekend arrived and finally I have some time to blog,to put my feet up and relax!
And today we are going to celebrate my best friends birthday,well it`actually not until Monday,but partying will be today!
So,I`m pretty much walking around with a big smile!

As I am in total party mood,I thought of sharing a party snack recipe with you.
I called it Mediterranean Party Snacks!
It is an easy and quick to do snack for any party and it also suits for vegetarians!I served it as an entry on Christmas dinner at my home,but in fact I think they would also be perfect for a spring or summer party!

a vegetarian party snack idea

What you need :
  •  5 toast slices
  • 200g feta cheese
  • 8-10 mushrooms
  • 100g cream cheese, I used one with herbs and garlic
  • 3 tomatoes
  • olive oil, infused with lemon
  • black pepper
  • Fleur de Sel or Sea salt
  • rosemary
  • basil, I used grounded one,
Those amounts are for one single backing tray and result in 30 little snacks!

1.Step:
I recommend to first prepare all the ingredients.
For that,wash the mushrooms and the tomatoes,remove the mushroom stems,cut the feta cheese in little thin slices,chop the tomatoes and quarter the toast slices.
Well that`s pretty much all the work you have to do!

2.Step:
Now that all is ready,use backing parchment to lay out your griddle.
Fill the mushrooms with cream cheese and place them on the backing tray,as well,as the toast.Pour a few drops of olive oil on every piece of toast and decorate them with feta slices.Leave 10 toast pieces undecorated.
Heat your oven to 200° Celsius and put your snacks in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.

a little snack idea to serve as an entrance


3.Step:
After backing your snacks,put the chopped tomatoes on the not yet decorated toast pieces.
To give the snacks their final Mediterranean touch flavour them with black pepper,Fleur de Sel,rosemary (for the feta snacks) and basil (for the chopped tomatoes snack).

Ta-da!Serve them!
  
I hope you liked this party food idea!Although I`m not charged with the snacks today but with dessert,I`m still seeking for some good new snack ideas!
Saying this I meant,if you have a good party food or any other snack idea in store,I would love to know about!

xoxo
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo