search abirdsdailylife

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Apple Chai Pie

Apple Chai Pie

Today I have a delicious holiday treat for you,which fits perfect in this time of the year.I`m honest with you,actually I had planned to make a simple apple cinnamon pie.While preparing it,I noticed that I ran out of grounded cinnamon.So I had to improvise and that`s what I came up with: an apple chai pie.

What you need:
  • 3 to max. 5 peeled apples,depending on the size of your baking tin.I used "Rubens apples",but you can use whatever sort you like,although I recommend to use slightly sweet apples rather than sour ones.
  •  500g = 16.90 oz. ready to use puff pastry,if you want to do it by yourself,you can find the recipe here.
  •  100g = 3.4 oz. grounded hazelnuts
  • 1 cup of single cream
  • 1/4 cup of already brewed chai tea (without milk or cream!),I used this Chai tea.
  • 1 egg
  • 80g = 2.7 oz. cane sugar,I almost always use cane sugar,because I think it tastes better than granulated white sugar.
First you roll out the dough with a rolling pin,until it has the thickness you like and the perfect size to fit in your baking tin.For this sort of dough it`s better to roll it out thin,so later you won`t have problems cutting it and it will be more crunchy.
Cover your baking tin with baking paper and then spread your dough.If it doesn`t fit perfectly you can cut off overlapping parts and put them somewhere,where you still need more dough.You can apply the cut off dough pieces by finger-tapping them on the already lay out dough.
No holes and everything fits perfectly?Take a fork and make some little fork prints on the dough.I don`t really know why you have to do that,but watching my mom when I was a kid,she always did that.And it seemed to work it`s magic,as her pies always were delicious.Well still are,but maybe it`s just her cooking.
winter apple pie

Next you cover the dough with a thin layer of grounded hazelnuts.
Peel your apples,cut the cores out,as well as the stem and cut them in little half rings.This is probably the most demanding part.
Ready to fill the baking tin?Then let`s go!
apple pie

You can arrange the apple half rings as you like,I prefer to form circles,which get smaller and smaller by reaching the middle of the baking tin.
Last you have to make the casting.Add single cream,chai tea,egg and sugar in a bowl and mix everything.Pour the casting over the pie.
Bake in the oven at 390° for at least 30 minutes and then enjoy this sweet treat.I highly recommend to eat it,when it`s still hot!Yummy!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds so amazing!!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your opinions and thoughts on my posts!
So feel free to comment and write whatever goes through your mind.

xoxo